Recipe: Orange Spice Black Creamsicles
It’s National Creamsicle Day, that means it’s time to break out those popsicle molds! We’ve created our very own version of the classic treat with our Orange Spice Black loose leaf tea. Spiced black tea imparts a unique twist while orange zest adds an extra citrus lift. Add cream and sugar and you’ll be whisked away by your memory to childhood summers by the pool.
– 2 cups whole milk
– 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
– 4 heaping teaspoons Orange Spice Black loose leaf tea
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– zest from 1 orange
– ½ cup sugar
– Supplies: Popsicle sticks and popsicle molds (or small paper cups)
1. In a saucepan, combine milk and tea.
2. Bring to a simmer, stirring regularly, being careful not to boil.
3. Once the milk and tea simmers, remove from heat and let steep for 5-10 minutes.
4. Strain tea from milk.
5. Add sugar and vanilla to still warm milk and stir until sugar is dissolved.
6. Add heavy whipping cream and orange zest and stir.
7. Pour mixture into popsicle molds or cups and place popsicle sticks.
8. Once frozen, remove from mold and enjoy!