Recipe: Peaches & Cream Iced Tea
It’s a tea twist on a classic combination for National Peaches and Cream Day! Start with our balanced English Breakfast over ice, sweeten and infuse with ripe peach simple syrup, and top with a splash of cream. This summery drink is as fun to make as it is to sip!
Peaches & Cream Iced Tea
- 4 tea bags English Breakfast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peaches, sliced, extra for garnish
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream (dairy or non-dairy)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, peaches, and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiled, turn off heat, stir in vanilla extract, cover and let sit for 10 min.
- Transfer syrup and peaches to a heat safe container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- In a large heat safe vessel, steep tea for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add 1 cup of cool water, refrigerate until ready to use.
- In two 16 oz glasses, add ice, divide peach syrup (straining out the chopped peaches), chilled tea, and a splash of cream.
- Top with fresh peaches for garnish.