Self Care Pledge Week 4: Mental Health & Happiness
After learning useful ways to handle stress, creating good habits for restful sleep and energy, and exploring the importance of healthy eating, we move on to our final self care topic: Mental Health & Happiness.
Here are some of our favorite self care actions that can make a big difference in staying positive, focusing on your goals, and overcoming life’s challenges, large and small.
Mental Health & Happiness:
- Write down one thing you’re grateful for in your life, and place the paper somewhere you’ll see every day. We often forget to appreciate the things we have during times of stress and chaos and having this list handy can be a quick way to remind yourself of the important things in your life.
- Try yoga poses for relaxation and meditation. Have you ever tried pairing yoga poses with tea?
- Have tea time with a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while (or give them a call if they’re far away).
- Pat yourself on the back (literally, if you want!), and compliment yourself on a recent accomplishment. No need to be humble!
- Break up the monotony by planning a weekend getaway, take a walk somewhere unfamiliar, try a new restaurant or recipe, or volunteer. A change of pace can help relieve feelings of stagnation.
May might be coming to an end, but practicing self care should be a year ’round routine. Focusing regularly on your personal well-being can keep you positive, successful, and fulfilled, resulting in a healthier, happier you.